Final audited results for the year ended 31 March 2019
OKYO Pharma Limited (the “Company”) is pleased to announce its final audited results for the year ended 31 March 2019.
Summary of OKYO-0101 studies during the last year
- Increase in corneal permeability due to dry eye was reduced significantly by OKYO-0101 compared to vehicle group
- Potency of OKYO-0101 in reducing corneal permeability was comparable to cyclosporine, an active ingredient of Restasis® (Allergan)
- OKYO‑0101 normalised the dry eye induced loss of goblet cell density
- OKYO-0101 reduced the dry eye induced-enhancement of CD4+ T-cells, which are known biomarkers of inflammation
- Rabbit Ocular tolerance test using OKYO-0101 showed no adverse signs such as inflammation, chemosis or hyperemia and no signs of local irritation
- Clinical ophthalmic exam of rabbit eyes after topical application of OKYO-0101 for 4 days (twice daily) showed no discharge, cloudiness, vascularization, edema, inflammation or retinal hemorrhage
- Total comprehensive loss of £3.8 million (31 March 2018: £20.2 million)
- Cash balance at 31 March 2019 of £0.5 million (31 March 2018: £2.0 million).
- Basic and diluted loss per share decreased to 0.01 pence per share (31 March 2018: 0.05 pence)
|OKYO Pharma Limited||Willy Simon||+44 (0)20 7382 8300|
|Shore Capital (Broker)||Andy Crossley
|+44 (0)20 7601 6100|
For further information, please visit the Company’s website at http://okyopharma.com/.